Professional Mahogany Wood Claves Musical Instrument
About this item
- HAND-MADE IN USA IN OUR SHOP & BUILT TO LAST: Hand-made in Georgia by the founder of Kopf Percussion with the finest Walnut Tone wood. Handrubbed with our own Bee's Wax and Oil finish.
- PRODUCES RICH TONES. The best choice in Mahagonay lumber coupled with our own Wax/Oil finish produce a fine instrument with amazing tonal qualities
- VERY COMFORTABLE TO HOLD. Each clave measures 8" x 1" and has a very smooth finish.
Handcrafted from Mahogany by Stephen Head
It's All About Great Tone
For an instrument to sound great, it has to be made from a material that has great tone. These Claves are handcrafted from beautiful Mahogany Tone Wood. Precision turned and meticulously finished with Stephen's Secret Oil/Beeswax wood finish recipe, these claves will not disappoint.
Beautiful Tone That Cuts Through
Each Kopf Percussion Professional Mahogany Claves is first crafted from hand selected pieces of Mahogany Stock and then put through another "Tone" check after it is built. This insures that each instrument has amazing tone. Also, the Oil/Beeswax finish protects the wood without dampening the tone so that it will cut through sonically.
The Kopf logo is laser engraved on the clave rather than the industry usual screen-printing. This is to avoid the extra ink (even though minimal) that may dampen the tone.
Professional Mahogany Claves
- Produces a clear and rich sound tone.
- Perfect for in studio or on a professional set
- Handcrafted from Mahogany Tonewood by Stephen Head
- Hand Rubbed with Stephen's own Oil/Beeswax topcoat.
- Measures 1" x 8"
Great Tone From The Very Start
Instruments with great tone are made from materials that also have great tone. Each Kopf Professional Mahogany Clave starts it's life as a carefully selected piece of beautiful Mahogany wood.
It's The Little Things That Add Up
Kopf Professional Mahogany Claves are simple instruments by design. What makes these great is the small details that add up to a huge difference. Each clave is carefully shaped to exact measurements. The Kopf Logo is laser engraved to avoid any unnecessary "Tone Dampening" ink. Stephen Head's secret Oil/Beeswax finish is applied to further preserve the beautiful tone of the wood.
Quality Is Priority
All the steps from carefully selecting the best tone wood to hand rubbing the finish culminate in a worldclass set of professional studio quality Claves.
Kopf Percussion Professional Mahogany Claves are handcrafted in the USA by Stephen Head
I have used many claves over the past 40 years but these are by far the best. Most have a very harsh tone, however these have many timbres of sound that can be achieved after experimentation. I would highly recommend them to all percussionists, but especially those looking for claves with nuance!
very nice claves, well made with a nice rice tone